no
no

My new improved laundry regime!

2 comments
Since last posting about the soap nuts, I have changed my laundry regime slightly. Now, I pre-soak the soap nuts in boiling hot water and then pound it with a pestle so that all the goodness comes out. I usually let it sit for about 10 minutes before pouring it onto my laundry together with a third of a cup of baking soda. I find that the baking soda helps in the washing process and gives it an extra boost.  What do I do with the soap nuts? I put them into the fridge instead of having them in the machine.  



My soap nut brew!
Remember to tell  your family members
it's not tea!
Check out the 5kg of baking soda I got at Phoon Huat! It was like lugging a sack of rice home but it's worth it because it is slightly cheaper than the Arm & Hammer brand. Less packaging too!





I'm also using the EcoStore Laundry Soaker & Stain Remover that I bought recently at The Naturally Better Company store (I also blogged about the store 2 years ago!) at Millenia Walk. I use it to soak my menstrual pads and towels instead of using bleach.  So far, I'm pleased with the results, especially with my menstrual pads. Previously, I used a few drops of tea tree oil to soak them but the the EcoStore soak is a cheaper option. 





Don't expect it to do wonders like bleach on old stains though.  I soaked a towel with old grease stains overnight, gave it a scrub with my hands and then put them in the wash (see below).  The stains come off but not completely, but at least I'm not putting my hands in a bleach product!!


Spot the difference!










author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the tip! I can't wait to try mine this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got them. Hope to hear your experience with them! :-)

      Delete

no
no