-->
no
no

Greeny Crafters 20 - Pretty Shabby UK

No comments

It's been a lovely weekend and I hope it's been same to you too. We attended a good friend's wedding - had lots of pics opportunities!  Hubby's also been on the computer tracking the political situation at home - nobody likes a leader who lies, or has alleged communist ties. Ugh.  


This week's Greeny Crafter is Dawn from Pretty Shabby UK!



Tell us a little about yourself


I am a Mum of 4 amazing and uniquely fantastic kids and I have been married for 2 years…. but met my husband when we were in school. We both left our home town to move on to different lives, and met again 8 years ago have never looked back. 

I am working towards a degree in Business Studies with Accounting and love finding ways to make those pennies turn into pounds.  Since moving home last year my husband and I are now re-decorating our home.  When we moved in it was bare plaster, so we painted EVERYTHING magnolia, we are still finding our style, but I know what I like and the husband just agrees. LOL. I am always testing out inexpensive and creative ways of getting the decorating styles that I like.


I love spending time with my family; we are always on our travels to some place or other.  The kids love the beach, so we are often found in Wales (even when it is raining) that does not dampen their spirits (no pun intended).


I love spending time on the computer, searching for ideas and inventions that people have made, there are such creative people out there.  I spend too much time on Pinterest it should be illegal.  I love blog hopping too.


I don't enjoy day to day shopping, but I love to find a bargain. I love finding things at car boot sales and charity shops and turning them back into something to be treasured.  I am a sucker for a sad unloved piece of furniture.  Oh yeah…..I am an Ikea hacker. 


I don't really enjoy cleaning, my house is not spotless and I have learned that the time I have with my kids is precious. I try not to get too caught up in having a perfectly spotless house in order to have fun with my kids while they are young and curious.


I love organizing! My poor husband does not know what he is going to come home to find. I love finding new ways to organize things. I hate clutter which is a problem when you have 4 kids, a husband, a cat and a dog. 


I created my blog to help motivate me in my creative ideas, home decorating and to meet fantastic and like-minded people.

Thank you for taking the time to visit me, I hope you have enjoyed your visit, and you are welcome back any time.




What inspired you to get into recycling/upcycling?


I hate waste, I love turning “sad preloved items” into happy loved items.  


What are your fave projects?


There are so many projects that I have done and love, but unfortunately my photography skills are not as great as I would like.  My Favourite at the moment are:

Tuna Can Traffic Lights  because when my son Luke saw them he could not stop saying Wow, Wow, Wow.


 


Recycled jeans apron. I am sure that everyone has a pair of jeans that need upcycling.


 Image for Apron - Recycled Jeans DIY Craft Project




Upcycled ottoman - my bargain for £1.00 at a car boot sale.


 


Pink, Black and Zebra Print Ribbon Wreath I LOVE my ribbon wreath, it's so cheap and simple to make and looks FABULOUS





Where do you get your inspiration?


My inspiration comes from many areas.  I love rummaging around Car boot sales and Charity Shops this is when my imagination takes over my common sense.  I have around 50 projects that are awaiting transformation to date.  

When I am shopping, I look around the shops and realise that what they are selling for top price can be made from things that I have laying around in my garage/loft.  


Reading blogs are a fantastic source of inspiration, there are some really creative and inventive people around in “BlogLand”, and its sad to think that many blogs get overlooked, and posts pass by unnoticed (especially the new bloggers), which is why I created my Waste Not Want not Wednesday Linky Party.  It gives the small bloggers chance to get noticed.


Thanks, Dawn.  I look forward to popping over and joining your Wednesday Linky Party ! :-)



author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no